Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 19

Just a preface: I hated today.  Worst. Day. Ever.  So no judging.
Breakfast was more egg scramble with chicken apple sausage and spiked monkey salad (which is kinda my favorite part of breakfast).
 

Lunch was a department lunch at a crepe and wine place down the street.  So while the other two ladies had amazing looking crepes, I had their salad with no cheese and no croutons... meaning just organic greens, organic apples, hazelnuts, and bacon.  Yes, I had their bacon with no hesitations, I don't care if there was sugar in it or not.  Their dressing was a balsamic vinegar with olive oil and shallots so I said that was ok, but it was super lacking in flavor.  Good thing I brought my own homemade dijon vinaigrette and it made it a whole ton better.  Even with that, it was no where near as good as the crepes looked so it was definitely one of those "shut up, eat your lettuce, and be sad" moments.

After my lacking lunch I was still hungry so I had some carrots and strawberries for a snack.
 
And then all hell broke loose at work from some very unnecessary drama this morning.  I ended up bawling and couldn't stop crying so I went home early.  I really really really really really missed Dustin tonight.  It was seriously such a crappy day at work and it was hard to not have him here to console me.  I wanted some serious comfort food for dinner.  It took a lot of self control to not eat a Magnum ice cream bar in the freezer. Instead I chose a Larabar and then a little bit later made dinner.
 
Dinner was sweet potato pancakes with cinnamon apples, chicken apple sausage, and fried eggs. 
 
 
The sweet potato pancakes were a definite SWYPO and I don't even care one little bit.  Breakfast foods make me happy and I enjoyed every single bite.  I will never be able to give up pancakes (maybe I'm missing the whole point of this) so I think mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, a little coconut flour, and cinnamon are a good substitution for the regular thing.  They tasted awesome.  And I fully plan on having them tomorrow morning for breakfast too because A) I have leftovers and don't want to waste them, and B) I need something to look forward to at work tomorrow morning if I'm going to handle going back in.
I told you, no judging.  But life happens and it's hard and crappy sometimes.  I know finding comfort in food is not a healthy way to deal with it, but I feel like I made a great choice under the circumstances, SWYPO or not.
So yeah, that's today.  And now I'm soooo ready for bed and praying that tomorrow is a better day.
PS I never cry so you know it had to be bad today.  Also, when I cry it's like an annual thing so ALL my tears come out at once and the faucet doesn't stop until their all out.  At least I'm set for a little while now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment