Saturday, May 17, 2014

I'm all in

 
When I decided to go gluten free in March, I knew that at some point I would want/need to give up sugar as well.  After posting about going GF, one friend mentioned that she also is off dairy for fertility.  I thought that might be another step too.  When I first learned about the Whole30 program that excludes dairy, sugar, grains, and legumes for 30 days, I thought it was a little cray cray.  But then I saw some Whole30 meals and read more on the program and I think it's fantastic. It's definitely the route I need to go at this point.  And let's face it, I'M a little cray cray.
I'm not doing it to lose weight. I think it's a good program to eat good, healthy, real food.  I want a baby. Like real bad.  And I think I need to get my body clean, healthy and whole for this to happen.  Gluten was the first step.  Sugar was the next, but I'm diving all in on this.  GF has been easy and fun and delicious. I'm sure Whole30 will be the same. 
I'm really excited about this.  And I'm really excited that Dustin will be doing this with me.
I created this blog to document the journey, keep track of recipes I like/hate, meal plans, and my thoughts on the way.
We've done all our prep work for this first week.  If you ever need a good work out, deep clean your fridge, freezer, and pantry! They're all cleaned and stocked with good, whole foods.  After being in Portland for 2 1/2 years I finally made it to New Seasons Market.  Maybe I'll hit up WholeFoods this week to make sure my Portland experience is complete.  Which, speaking of, do yourself a favor and YouTube Portlandia videos.  Like this one or this one or this one.  Yep, that's what I've become.  Portland has changed me.
The meal plan for the week is set too.   I've even compiled all my recipes for the week. I feel so organized and empowered. 
The next 30 days are going to be awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment