Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 6

Breakfast today was a hard boiled "smooshed" egg (that's what we called them growing up) with ghee, salt, and pepper, prosciutto, half a grapefruit, and spiked monkey salad.  I actually didn't eat the prosciutto. I took one bite and spit it out.  I don't think I can do the not raw but raw meat thing.  So I came home and baked them up in the oven like bacon and BAM! It now tastes like bacon! Much better texture.  I am excited to use them in breakfast tomorrow.

Lunch was leftover grilled zucchini boats and an apple with almond butter, and a few baked prosciutto chips to try them out of course. :)

Portland's water is no bueno right now (it is contaminated with E.Coli) and it really affected me today. I drink a LOT of water so to not be able to drink most of the morning at work, and then limited amount at home, I felt super dehydrated and therefore cranky.  With my lunch I had an Izze sparkling juice.  (see below for that side story)  I also ordered some Crio Bru (100% cocoa beans roasted that you brew) and they came today! Which is great as you use boiled water to brew them and that's how water works this weekend.  It definitely tastes like 100% cocoa with no added sugar.  Adding coconut milk helped a little, but this might be an acquired taste that I will have to keep working on to add some variety into my [healthy] beverage selection.
 
 

Dinner was balsamic, garlic, and basil chicken with cauliflower "mashed potatoes".  It was all really good! Then a coconut cream Larabar for dessert with our cousin sleepover going on tonight.  I willingly gave up Magnum ice cream bars to my cousins.  Man, that's love!
 
 
 I felt a little sick again, today, but now I know that there's an easy explanation due to the contaminated water.  I also got cranky while fixing dinner, but I really think it's from the dehydration.  I hope they figure this out soon and give the all clear tomorrow morning! In the mean time we have bottled water which is good cuz the stores all look like this:
 

Here are my feelings on the Izze: While it's technically compliant with Whole30 (all the ingredients check out), they don't really prefer drinking juice, but to use it more for adding a little sweetness and such.  While I first thought it was a "swypo" for me (in essence, a normal food that you paleo-fy to make it Whole30 compliant.  It's not as good as the real deal and can bring cravings you are trying to overcome), I don't really think it is--- Because I think it's just as good as the real deal (soda) and I won't be taking my pants off for soda when I can have this compliant version.  I'll still just use it as a "treat" or when I need something other than water because, let's say, it's contaminated.  Maybe I'm kidding myself and it really is a SWYPO... But I think that doing those 2 ingredient banana pancakes would be more SWYPO for me because I don't really care for them and it would be easier cave to the real deal.  Does that make sense?
I'm excited with the meal planning I did for next week.  Shopping day is tomorrow and I have some good stuff planned.  The timeline gives next week as the hardest week so I hope my meal planning pays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment