Monday, November 24, 2014

Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Sauce

 
 I have seen so many recipes for coconut shrimp floating around amongst instagram and pinterest and have been wanting to try them FOREVER.  Coconut shrimp is my favorite thing from Red Lobster and I am so happy that I can make them at HOME now and they are pretty dang good.  Plus, no temptation to eat a million of their cheddar garlic biscuits because who can resist those?!
If you don't like shrimp, you could use chicken, just be sure to cook longer! Coconut chicken nuggets with pina colada sauce sounds great too!
I combined a few recipes I found from the Allie Eats Whole instagram account, Paleomama.wordpress, and Popular Paleo.  Hope you love them as much as I do!
 Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Sauce
Combined recipes from Allie Eats Whole instagram account, Paleomama.wordpress, and Popular Paleo
 
1 lb peeled & deveined raw shrimp, rinsed and dried
¼  cup coconut flour
¼ cup arrowroot
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 eggs, beaten
Salt, paprika, and garlic powder, ground ginger to taste (I just did a shake of each)

Coconut oil, to fry

¼ cup coconut cream
½ cup crushed pineapple
For the sauce:
Mix together coconut cream and pineapple until you get a smooth sauce.  Refrigerate for one hour (or while cooking the shrimp).

For the Shrimp:
Place coconut flour on a small plate.
Beat eggs in a small bowl and add seasonings.  
Combine arrowroot and shredded coconut in a bowl.
 
Set up a dredging station with your coconut flour, eggs, and shredded coconut/arrowroot mix.

Start by lightly coating the shrimp in the coconut flour, then in the egg, then in the shredded coconut.  Shake off excess coating.  Set on a plate until you’ve finished all of them.  Once they’re all coated, heat up a couple tablespoons of coconut oil in a frying pan.  Add shrimp a few at a time and flip when the tails turn pink—they should be golden brown.  Cook for another minute or so and serve with the sauce.

Enjoy!
Brianne Signature.png

To reheat, preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place coconut shrimp on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.  Bake for 10 minutes or until hot.

3 comments:

  1. This looks soooooo good. Drooling a little bit over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this over the weekend and it was FANTASTIC!!!! I had to go a little heavier on the salt, and I put it with another dish that already had a sauce with it, but this was amazing. Love it! I had never bought raw shrimp before, it was kinda scary. But I will be buying it A LOT in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them! Coconut shrimp is one of our favorites!

      Delete