Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 16

Breakfast was fried eggs with SP browns and a bowl of berries (strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries) with almonds and coconut.
I thought this bowl of berries looked sooo good.


Lunch was leftover pot roast with carrots, green beans, and onion, and a spoonful of strawberry coconut butter.
Still good the next day!


Dinner was lemon artichoke chicken thighs and asparagus.  This was a yummy dinner! I made it slightly different than the recipe linked but just a few tweaks to make them amazing.  One day I'll put ALL my recipes on here.  I usually try to post a link to a printable copy or the website from where I got it from, but others are just thrown together.

Thoughts on today:
Something happened overnight, and it wasn't sleep (because I had the hardest time sleeping last night!) but today I definitely feel skinnier. (maybe it was fasting yesterday?)  I'm in no ways skinny, but I can really feel that I have lost weight and it feels great! My energy, confidence, and focus are up.  Maybe this is the magic they speak of?? I don't know, but I really really like it.  When I think about the food we are preparing and how everything is just clean, unprocessed, and delicious, it makes me so happy.  I know exactly what's going in my body and can feel the difference in how it fuels me.  I'm happier and healthier.  My relationship with food and cooking has changed so much in the past two weeks.  I kinda love this.  I'm excited for the next two weeks and to see what they bring!
I keep forgetting to mention how much I miss gum.  Is that so bizarre? I really miss it.  I've pretty much gotten over it by now, but the first week it was really hard. 
Also, I was really excited to find prenatal vitamins at Trader Joes last weekend.  The second or third day on Whole30 I checked out the ingredients on my regular vitamins- they had so much soy in them! The prenatals, multivitamins, fish oil, and vitamin D all were no bueno for this month.  I'm excited to be taking vitamins again!  No sugar, lactose, gluten, soy, wheat, or allergenic yeasts.  Contains no artificial flavors, sweeteners, color or added preservatives. All natural goodness.
 
Sometimes it's the little things that can make me happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment